What level Joe?! Although if the England hierarchy dont watch county games you can make one up and stick with that
by md1239/19/2017 12:04:05 PM
Have Critchley, Beer and that lad at Somerset not had a game in that time?
by David Taylor9/19/2017 12:03:38 PM
If we're talking leg spinners I took 21 at 8.38 this year. BEAT THAT!!!
by Joe Williams9/19/2017 12:02:36 PM
Div 1 records of all English legspinners I can think of over the last two years:
DJ Malan - 9 wickets at 20.67 JE Poysden - 15 wickets at 21.53 MW Parkinson - 22 wickets at 26.00 AU Rashid - 42 wickets at 37.69 MS Crane - 47 wickets at 44.09 DW Lawrence - 1 wicket at 66.00 LS Livingstone - 2 wickets at 229.50
by Will Colwell9/19/2017 12:01:20 PM
by NemoUKS9/19/2017 12:00:35 PM
We're all talking about the wrong legspinners, it should blatantly be Parkinson who gets the gig.
by SDHoneymonster9/19/2017 11:58:00 AM
*now not not
by Joe Williams9/19/2017 11:57:47 AM
jeez....not Rashid I can understand, but Buttler? For the love of god, the man is rubbish at red ball cricket
by Joe Williams9/19/2017 11:57:26 AM
In fairness Rashid averaged 37 which is a lot better than Moeen Ali in the winter and is a good test number 8 so he is a good back up for no. Certainly better than Hampshire's 2nd XI spinner M Crane
by nickcricket9/19/2017 11:57:08 AM
Michael Vaughan really is amazing isn't he. 30% of the time he's absolutely spot on and talking masses of sense and the other 70% of the time I could not disagree with him more.
I suppose it will surprise precisely zero of you to learn that Jos Buttler is an ISM client
by Will Colwell9/19/2017 11:56:57 AM
Vaughan on BBC touting Buttler and Rashid for the Ashes warning...
by dez dezzy9/19/2017 11:54:34 AM
I am all of about 5 miles away from Derbyshire, and the weather here is utterly glorious....OK fair enough it wanged it down for about 6 hours last night, but jeez
by Joe Williams9/19/2017 11:52:05 AM
I see the outground in September experiment continues to go as well as expected
by Joe Tompkins9/19/2017 11:51:45 AM
by StaggerBreaths9/19/2017 11:50:36 AM
UPDATE: Stumps (No play Tuesday due to a wet outfield), Derbyshire v Kent at Chesterfield
by ESPNcricinfo Live9/19/2017 11:46:54 AM
If Batty can get wickets on Day 1, imagine what an offspinner who averages 17 will do...
by Will Colwell9/19/2017 11:46:27 AM
The giant cloud of Tres getting out to Batty has a significant silver lining of someone being beaten by turn on the first morning...
by NemoUKS9/19/2017 11:45:01 AM
Northamptonshire v Nottinghamshire
Nottinghamshire have won their last four against Northamptonshire, last losing against them back in 2002.
Northamptonshire have won six of their last eight home games in the County Championship (D1, L1).
Nottinghamshire have lost just once this season (W7, D4), a record only Kent can match in Division Two.
Riki Wessels hit scores of 50+ in both innings when these sides met earlier this season, including a knock of 116 in Nottinghamshire’s 2nd innings.
by David Hopps9/19/2017 11:44:38 AM
'Wet outfield delays toss'. 'Toss' being this series.
by StaggerBreaths9/19/2017 11:44:35 AM
Vince is still averaging 32 over his last 3 years in Div 1
by Will Colwell9/19/2017 11:35:24 AM
Durham have had the worst morning of the bowling sides, even Surrey will be happier with the wicket just before lunch. :(
by StaggerBreaths9/19/2017 11:34:42 AM
If he's still scoring most of his runs in drives then he can stay away.
Wonder if Vince is trying to sneak his way into the England squad late on had 0 fifties and 2 hundreds this year before today, but if he can get 2 100s in the last two fixtures then a season of average of about 45 and 4 hundreds and actually sounds quite good despite having a pretty poor season. Warwickshire next week too who are there for the taking in terms of runs
by MctSmithy9/19/2017 11:32:48 AM
LUNCH: Warwickshire 53/6 (30 ov, won the toss) v Yorkshire IR Bell 23* (64) JS Patel 2* (7)